Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book Review


I read the book "The Gospel for the Real Life" by Jerry Bridges a while back I immensely enjoyed reading it. When I first picked up the book to read I was not so sure about it, coz I had an attitude that, how can the gospel change my daily living. The Spirit convicted me otherwise and by the time I finished the book, I realized that I need the Gospel everyday. The moment I wake up I need to preach the gospel to myself, to keep reminding what Christ has done for me. 

Each day is different, sometimes we are extremely joyful other days a little sober. So how do I practically live out the Gospel everyday? By focusing on Chirst and His character. Thus you will be transformed  more into his likeness. By living a life that that is obedient to God's word, people will see the difference. As regenerated people we have to be a light to the dark world. That light has to be bright, to remove the darkness.(Matt 5:16) Therefore our lives also need to portray Godliness.

As I read the book it was good to dwell on the character of Christ. Jerry Bridges has done a good job at it and I would recommend you to read it and rejoice in the fact that we know Christ.

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

I am reading it! :)