Monday, February 9, 2009

Benefits of trial


Few days back, I was going through a study series on trials and how the saints can benefit from the trials that befall upon them. It was exciting to go through scripture verses and learn from Christ Himself on how He endured the cross(Hebrews 12:2). Many things were covered as how we as God's children are called to endure trials in the right attitude and trust God in the light on seemingly endless affliction.


Come Thursday, and I was down with a bad sore throat. Okay, I knew it was application time. It is one thing to nod ur head in affirmation over the truth of God's word when things are going well and another to trust in times of pain and agony. But God is gracious. He never gives more than what His child can handle. (1 Cor 10:13). Later on, the sickness got worse with an attack of flu and severe body ache. Just to lay in bed and say, "You are good and You do good"( Psalms 119:68) took tremendous amount of faith, to be honest!


But, I always feel especially for me......I am more tuned to God's word and receptive in times of illness. Otherwise, we are so busy and doing a million things...When was the last time you sat still before God and quietened ur soul?? Hence I can always say, "It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes" (Psalms 119:71)

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

I know wat u mean girl... It is so important to apply all that we learn from God's word..Otherwise we will just end up with big heads filled with knowledge..

We should praise God even in our illness, knowing that he has called us to Rejoice always(1Thel 5:16)... Like u said, in the times of illness i think we are more tuned and receptive to God's word as we are too ill to be distracted with anythin else:)

Naiesha said...

Thank you! It is encouraging. Even as I write, my chest is hurting, but to know that this affliction is good as it draws me to Christ!

God's strength is made perfect in our weakness!! :)