Thursday, March 19, 2009

Regenerated...

Have been reading this book by John Piper called "Finally Alive" and it has been a blessing to my soul. It talks about what exactly happens to a person when he is regenerated or as it says in the bible "born again". It was such a good time for me to contemplate and think back and see how the Lord saved me, and what He saved me from. After many years of being a Christian we tend to forget about the Lord's saving grace.(Eph 2:4-5) It was humbling and it bought me down to my knees, thanking and praising our Lord for the new life that He has given me.
This book also talk about the qualities that a regenerated person has. In this day and age many call themselves as "born again" Christians but are truly not saved. In the initial chapters he speaks on John chapter 3 about how a person is born again.


The book also goes into various doctrines like, Justification, Sanctification & Glorification. I am truly being encouraged, edified and convicted reading this book and would recommend every Christian (those regenerated:) to read it too.

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

That's the beauty of God's work..It is honorable and worthy to be meditated upon! And the best work of God is our regeneration!! Wow!! We have every reason to be amazed at His wonderful work He has wrought in our lives....

Yes!! I am waiting to read this book
Colonile!!

Caroline Kaunds said...

Yup will finish it soon and give u..waiting to read the other one too!!!