Thursday, April 16, 2009

One life to live!!


Yesterday, I completed reading the book, "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper and I must confess that I am quite unsettled in my heart. How am I living the life gifted by God for His glory?? Am I making much of Christ ?? Is my lifestyle and pattern of living reflecting that Christ is my REAL TREASURE??? I ask you too?

It is so easy to get caught up in the flow of life forgetting that we are called to lose our lives for the sake of Christ that we may actually save it!!! Radical huh?? Paul knew when he said, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21. And "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:8....

Christ is our real Treasure! He is the Bread of life! He is the gentle Shepherd. He is our all in all!! I love this quote that I came across in this book:

Only one life,
’Twill soon be past;
Only what’s done
for Christ will last.


Let us resolve to live in the light of eternity and with gratefulness of heart that we were saved by the precious blood of Jesus and that we are not our own, we belong to Him!!
“You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19- 20).

4 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

It is so easy for us to be distracted and treasure things that will collect moth and dust... As it says in Col 3:2 we should set our mind on things above and not on things that are on earth...

Naiesha said...

That's so true...We can be so deluded in our thinking about what is 'real' and what is 'fake'...and we will only know at the judgement seat of Christ when our works will pass through fire to reveal its true worth!! (1 Cor 3:13)

RudyRajju said...

Hi Naiesh, I liked the part where we ask the questions - is my life and life style reflecting the worth of Christ - that I treasure Him? So many times we can just caught up with 'christian' living without giving thought to what are we showing forth to the world and people and friends who watch our lives. Is my life showing forth the thought that my greatest passion is Jesus Christ? Thanks for that reminder!

Naiesha said...

Good to hear from u!! Even I was stuck with that thought that we are living in front of a watching world. And how we live and what choices we make directly SPEAKS to them about my passion for Christ!!