Thursday, May 14, 2009

How Deep is Your Love

I love this song and have been singing it a lot lately. Just to focus on His attributes and remember what Christ had to go through so that we have eternal life.


How Deep

You were broken that I might be healed
You were cast off that I might draw near
You were thirsty that I might come drink
Cried out in anguish that I might sing

How deep is Your love

How high and how wide is Your mercy

How deep is Your grace

Our hearts overflow with praise To You

You knew darkness that I might know light
Wept great tears that mine might be dried
Stripped of glory that I might be clothed
Crushed by Your Father to call me Your own

Words and music by Stephen Altrogge
As recorded on Valley of Vision


© 2006 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).

3 comments:

Naiesha said...

It's a beautiful song! Reminds me of Isaiah 53. We will need all of eternity to fathom Christ's love for us!! And yet eternity will not suffice....

RudyRajju said...

one of my favourites too :)...reminds me of Eph. 3 - on the length, height and depth of God's love for us...

Caroline Kaunds said...

yeah.. We cannot measure God's Love:)