Saturday, May 16, 2009

David's Song of Thanks

Today is Sunday morning and instead of being at church I am at my office desk. I was quite sad in the morning even as I left for work, as I knew I would miss corporate worship and fellowship today. But then i realized that i can worship God anywhere. Why sulk and be a bad testimony amongst my unbelieving friends, when I can be thankful and give Him praise for everything that he has done for me. So i opened my bible and turned to 1 Chronicles 16:8-36 David's Song of Thanks. Will share a few verses from the passage:


8Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
9 Sing to him; sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
10 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
11 Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
12 Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles and the judgments he uttered,


Just reading the first few lines made me thank Him even more for everything that He has done in my life. His wondrous works! I love verse 10"let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!" I then realized that i should not be a sulky Christian. He has blessed me with every spiritual blessing (Eph 1:3"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places")

After reading the passage i knew that I had to focus on Christ, and not myself. Never to forget that He is a great God: Sovereign,Wonderful, Just, Holy, Compassionate and Lovely. And these are just some of His attributes.

Will just end with a few verses from the passage:

For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
and he is to be held in awe above all gods.(vs 25)
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; (vs 29 b)
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!(vs 34)

3 comments:

Naiesha said...

Yes!! It is good to give thanks to our Great God!! He is so worthy of praise and honor!! Thank you for the post. I was very encouraged!!

Btw missed you at church!! :(

Caroline Kaunds said...

I missed u all tooo:(

RudyRajju said...

Yes, it is good to praise God in any and every situation and be a witness for Him in the place He places us :).