Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I don't deserve to be treated that way...

I think I have made the above statement a lot lately and I am not proud of it. I should be thankful for what the Lord has given me instead of being prideful and arrogant. The way things have been going at my workplace many a times I tend to think, this is not what I deserve, I am qualified to do more. God has been very patient and gracious with me. I was reading 12 Ordinary men by John MacArthur, and one of the incident that was mentioned in the book was about Jesus washing the disciples feet (John 13:1-20). Even as I was going through the context I realized that what Jesus did (by washing the disciples feet) was a very menial job. Yet He did it, without complaining & grumbling. Let us not forget who we are talking of; He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lord’s, creator of the heavens and the earth.

It is such a privilege to worship a God who is perfect and Holy and the best example we can follow. Reading that passage made me think, that God being so great went down to the level of a servant and washed the disciples feet, and thus set an example of humility and genuine love. So every time you feel that you are being told to do something (which in your own eyes, seems low) look unto Christ “who, though He was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.” Philippians 2:6-8

3 comments:

Naiesha said...

An honest post. Thank you! I often tend to feel that way which is so self-centered instead of looking at that particular situation as an opportunity to die to self!! Yes, Christ is the supreme example of what it is be be REALLY humble!! And I have yet to grasp that :(

But we have an example (Jesus Christ) so perfect so beautiful and a wonderful Helper (Holy Spirit) to help us know true humility which God the Father desires to see in His children.

RudyRajju said...

We all have so much to learn from Christ's humilty! It amazes me that the Lord and Creator of the earth humbled Himself even to the point of death - death on a cross...how much to learn from that! May the Lord work in you that which is well pleasing in His eyes.

Caroline Kaunds said...

Something that comes back to me always is that He is a perfect example that we can follow and He will never fail us.