Monday, September 1, 2008

Wait and Watch!

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him." Psalm 62:5

We live in a world that is bustling with activity and we are constantly on the move. When was the last time you actually slowed down and rested? We have become so impatient and restless that we sulk when God seems to take a lot of time to answer our prayers.

This used to trouble me a lot earlier about God's delay in answering my prayers. But then slowly I realized that these waiting periods can be a blessing when I turned my soul to look to God alone. Slowly my dependence on began to grow.

It is one thing to wait and another to wait silently upon God alone! The reward is much sweeter than what you can dream of. You are slowly drawn in a closer fellowship with Him.

2 comments:

Caroline Kaunds said...

these waiting periods r good.. they teach us patience..something that i think each one of learns daily..

Naiesha said...

Hmmm....patience is much required, yes!