Saturday, January 17, 2009

My first post...



Well this is my first post in this blog. It was started by my sister and i thought why not put in some of my posts too.. so here it is..

A lesson that the Lord has been teaching me for quite some time is contentment.Very naturally as human beings we grumble about everythin, the weather, our job and the list goes on.. As children of God this atttitude does not glorify Him. As it says in Phillipians 2:14 "Do all this without grumbling or questioning". And it is a command. If we proclaim ourselves to be Christians we are supposed to obey his word, and give thanks to him always in everything(1Thel 5:18).
I remember Pastor Tom preaching in Kerusso Bible church some time back on this sin issue. It was very convicting as many a times we think it aint a sin to grumble.. We may say i am just sayin how I feel. But we actually are complaining to God and tellin him that,we dont like the way he is running my life...So let us learn to be content in every situation the Lord has put us in , as it says in 1Timothy6:6 "Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment"

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

Hey!! Thanx for posting in my blog....and such an appropriate topic too :). Complaining is so sinful and yet we do nothing about....and one of the ways to overcome it, is by giving thanks at all times....

And keeping my girl....love the way u write :)