Sunday, January 11, 2009

Knowing God's will

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5 :16-18

What is God's will for my life? How often has this qs. troubled my soul, I cannot recount. But God's Word is so clear and so wonderfully has His will spelled out that I fail to see sometimes. I have asked this to myself several times. Is it because I want something stupendous to undertake or am I just blind? I don't know.

Here we have Paul, who has clearly written what God requires of me in Christ Jesus:

To rejoice at all times

To pray without ceasing

To give thanks in all circumstances.

Is this really hard to follow or is my heart so stuck upon doing the things I desire? Oh!!! May it never be O Lord!!! I desire to do Your will. To be glad in You and ask of You and give thanks to You is what my heart wants to do!!! Only in Your strength can this be achieved.

No comments: